- 3 egg whites medium-sized, at room temperature
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C). Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks and put all the whites into a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites with a hand mixer until they have stiff peaks. This should take around 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully fold in the shredded coconut and sweetener to the egg whites being careful not to over mix too much.
- Take a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon and with that, scoop out small portions of the cookies, shaping them into balls as you go. Place them on your baking tray with about 1/2 inch in between each macaroon, they won’t rise much so don’t worry about leaving big gaps. This recipe should make about 20 cookies.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
- These macaroons are not overly sweet, increase the amount of sweetener if you like them sweeter.
- If you find your mixture too wet and not easily able to form the balls of cookies, add some extra shredded coconut.
- For a delicious twist, drizzle the keto coconut macaroons with some melted chocolate once they are done baking.
- This article and recipe adapted from this site