- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup creamy natural almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or regular almond milk
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced apple (from 1 medium apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the applesauce, almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well combined.
- Next stir in dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt; stir well to combine. Fold in the diced apples.
- Evenly distribute batter between muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Once ready to serve, feel free to eat warm or cold. I love topping mine with nut butter. Serves 12.
This article and recipe adapted from this site