- 2 apples peeled and chopped in 1″ pieces
- 1 can of biscuits each circle pressed out and cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- oil for frying
- cinnamon sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Heat a dutch oven filled 1/3 full of oil over medium heat.
- Place the apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir everything together and heat again for 30 seconds or until tender.
- Using a small spoon, scoop an apple piece with a little of the sauce onto a flattened piece of biscuit.
- Pinch all of the edges up together and set aside while you repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Carefully place 3-4 apple pie bombs in the oil, turning occasionally until golden on each side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with all dough.
- Place the cinnamon sugar in a bowl, toss each pie bomb in the sugar and pile on a large plate.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and any leftover apple pieces chopped fine.
This article and recipe adapted from this site