- 1/2 lb pasta (I used rotini)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the pasta until al dente. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, on a skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook until the insides are no longer pink. Remove from the skillet, and slice into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the flour and garlic, and mix together for about 1 minute. Gradually add in the milk, whisking constantly. Bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheeses.
- Add the pasta and the chicken to the pot, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbling. Let stand for a couple of minutes before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site