• 1 stick butter, melted • 1 box graham cracker crumbs • 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened • 1/4 cups butter, softened • 3 cups powdered sugar • 4 bananas, sliced • 1 (20 oz) canned crushed pineapple, drained • 1 (16 ounces) container Cool-Whip, thawed or 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream • 1 (4 ounces) jar maraschino cherries, stemmed • 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped • hot fudge sauce, slightly warmed • 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Firmly press into a crust in the bottom of 9×13 glass or porcelain dish, let it chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, 1/4 cups butter, and the powdered sugar until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Don’t be tempted to add milk, it will take a few minutes, but the mixture will blend up perfectly!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread pineapple chunks evenly over the bananas.
- Evenly spread the Cool-Whip over the pineapple-banana layer using a rubber spatula.
- Garnish with the pecans/walnuts and maraschino cherries.
- Drizzle the chocolate fudge over the dessert and then sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles over the surface.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting to allow the layers to set.
This article and recipe adapted from this site