- 6 chicken thighs bone and skin on
- 3 green onions from tip to tail with root trimmed
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and de-veined
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
US Customary – MetricINSTRUCTIONS
- Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add the chicken thighs to a large skillet and brown them on medium high heat on both sides for 3-5 minutes.
- In a food processor add the green onions, onion, jalapeno, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and puree until smooth.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker skin side up and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
This article and recipe adapted from this site