- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust or make your own
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or pecan halves
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Take frozen pie crust out of the freezer and place it on a baking sheet while preparing the filling.
- Or, if you are using the Wham Bam pie crust, prepare the crust, prick it with a few holes using a fork, and then stick it in the refrigerator while preparing filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beaten eggs, sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Place the pecans into the bottom of your pie crust.
- Then pour the filling on top of the pecans.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Around the 20 minute mark, you may want to add some aluminum foil on top of and around the edges of your pie crust to keep it from getting too browned.
- Oven times do vary, but basically, the middle of the pie should be just a tad jiggly when done (not overly jiggly) and the center will puff up a bit.
This article and recipe adapted from this site