- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- WHISK flour, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
- BEAT butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high until very fluffy and aerated, 4 to 5 min, scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Add milk and vanilla and beat for 1 min.
- SIFT in half of the flour mixture, then fold in with a spatula until just combined. Repeat. Spoon half of the shortbread batter into a piping bag fitted with a large, open star tip.
- PIPE batter into 1 1/2-in.-wide rosettes, 1 in. apart, on a prepared sheet.
- BAKE shortbread until edges are lightly browned, 15 to 16 min. Let cool for 3 min, then transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
This article and recipe adapted from this site