This easy, make-ahead chicken and rice casserole is extra creamy and loaded with delicious bites of broccoli and savory cheddar cheese. Get ready to watch your family lick their plates clean!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breastsSalt/Pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked long grain white rice (or 2 cups cooked rice)
- 10.75 oz. Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (can sub cream of mushroom)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese separated
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets uncooked
- 1 cup Ritz crackers crushed
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Drain excess juice from casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, rice, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Add in the broccoli and chicken and stir to combine.
- Lightly grease the casserole dish and pour in the rice mixture.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- If preparing this ahead of time, cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days prior to baking.
- If baking immediately after assembling, bake the casserole for 35 minutes, covered.
- If baking after the casserole has been refrigerated, bake for 45 minutes, covered.
- Melt the butter and crumble up the crackers. Combine to form the topping for the casserole.
- Top the casserole with the crumbled cracker topping and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.