This easy broccoli, rice, and chicken casserole is topped with a buttery Ritz cracker crust. This meal comes together in less than 45 minutes and it takes one bowl and one casserole dish!
- 5 chicken tenderloins cut into 1-inch cubes, uncooked
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked OR instant rice (different types of rice will yield very different cook times. I used sushi rice. Due to the number of folks who have tried this recipe & still say their rice is crunchy, I highly suggest you use instant rice)
- 2 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1: 10.75 ounce can of cream of chicken
- 1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 3/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish (mine was ceramic, but you may use glass).
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients except the Ritz crackers, together until well-incorporated.
- Pour the ingredients into the greased casserole dish, spread into an even layer, then sprinkle Ritz crackers on top of the mixture.
- Bake mixture, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes, or whenever rice and chicken are done cooking (mine took about 40 minutes, yours may take longer depending on your oven).
- To get a deeper, golden color, you may put the casserole under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Be careful to watch it carefully!
- Serve immediately.