Just as easy to make as Hamburger Helper and you can control the ingredients. Great weekday meal and the kids love it!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 16 oz 93% lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, low fat
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cook macaroni according to package and drain.
- In a skillet, saute onions and peppers until soft.
- Remove and set aside.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Add onions, peppers, meat, tomatoes, oregano, basil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix together.
- Add mixture to macaroni and pour in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Heat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese to the top and bake until cheese melts and dish is bubbly.
- Let set for about 5 minutes before cutting.