- 3-4 chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup store-bought basil pesto (I like the Giovanni Rana brand)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4-6 basil leaves (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and grease a large baking dish.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and basil pesto together.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat into your greased baking dish, and top them with the cream cheese pesto mixture.
- Top with 1 or more cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack of the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Garnish with your fresh chopped tomatoes and basil. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site