- 4 Chicken Breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika (for seasoning chicken)
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper (each for seasoning chicken)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Creamy Paprika Sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (sodium free)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (juice of squeezed lemon)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Cooking Chicken: Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika, rubbing it evenly over both sides.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet (I used cast iron skillet) over medium high heat and cook on the first side for about 3 minutes. Flip, and turn the heat down to medium and cook for another three minutes. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
- Making Creamy Sauce: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the now empty skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 2 minutes. Add flour using a sifter until well mixed. Add wine next and cook for 1-2 minutes to allow alcohol to evaporate.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream and lemon juice. Add salt and paprika. Mix well. Simmer for 2 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning (if necessary) at this point.
- Spinach: Add in the spinach and cook for additional 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Adding Chicken Back: Return the chicken to the skillet and cook covered for 2-3 minutes if your chicken breasts are thin; or for 5-7 minutes, if they are thick.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 51.7% | Vitamin C: 19.1% | Calcium: 5.1% | Iron: 7.8%
This article and recipe adapted from this site