- 9 cups roughly chopped green leaf or romaine lettuce divided
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large poblano or green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 12 oz frozen corn steamed and cooled
- 6 medium tomatoes 5 chopped and 1 sliced into wedges for garnish
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 cup roasted chicken roughly chopped
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 large hard boiled eggs cut into wedges
- Dressing See Recipe Notes
- In a large trifle or glass bowl layer in this order: 1/3 lettuce, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 poblano pepper, 1/3 corn, 1/2 tomatoes, 1/2 red onion, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 bacon and 1/2 chicken. Drizzle with 1/2 cup prepared dressing.
- Repeat, 1/3 lettuce, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 poblano pepper, 1/3 corn, 1/2 tomatoes, 1/2 red onion, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 bacon and 1/2 chicken. Drizzle with 1/2 cup prepared dressing.
- Top with the final 1/3 lettuce, 1/3 corn, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1/3 bacon and sliced green onion. Drizzle with 1/.2 cup dressing drizzling around the edge. Arrange egg and tomato wedges on top to garnish.
- Chill for 4 hours, Serve with additional dressing on the side.
- Recipe for Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Recipe for Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dressing
- A quality prepared salad dressing or a packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing made per the package instructions may be substituted for the dressing in this salad.
This article and recipe adapted from this site