- 6 medium cube steaks, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama® seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil
- Using an electric skillet, or large cast iron pan, heat oil to 375°.
- Cut cubed steaks into 1 1/2 inch squares and place on plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess liquid. As you cut steak into squares and fill the plate, add another layer of paper towels and continue stacking steak bites with paper towels in between layers to absorb excess liquid and pat dry.
- While the oil is heating up, add 1 1/2 cup of flour into a large baggie. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour in another large baggie plus add all the spices and seasonings, seal and shake to mix. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, hot sauce and buttermilk together.
- Once the oil is ready, pat dry bites again and place about 10 steak bites into the baggie with the plain flour, seal and shake to coat. Next add the bites to the egg mixture, next into the baggie with the flour and seasonings, then into the skillet.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Once the first batch is cooked, place on a plate lined with paper towels and place into a preheated oven at 175° to keep warm while the rest of the steak bites are being cooked.
- Repeat the coating process for the remaining steak bites. For best results, make sure to coat the steak bites right before going into the skillet.
- Serve with your favorite gravy.
This article and recipe adapted from this site