- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or other vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken
- Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a large Pyrex measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Remove a half a cup of marinade and reserve for basting the chicken later.
- Place chicken in a large, ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top. Close securely.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Baste the chicken occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving
- If you bring the reserved marinade up to a boil, let simmer until slightly reduced, it makes a wonderful sauce to go on top of the chicken.
This article and recipe adapted from this site