Add this healthy, vegan, protein packed chickpea nuggets recipe to your list of ideas to try for an upcoming meatless monday dinner. Like homemade chicken nuggets, just healthier. Using canned chickpeas makes this recipe SO FAST and SO EASY. You’ll need panko, rolled oats, garbanzo beans, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
- 1/2 cup panko or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (do not drain)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (no salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (no salt)
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°F.
- Place the panko on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until toasted and golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool while preparing the nuggets. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and process into a fine flour. Transfer to a large bowl and reserve the food processor.