- 12 oz ripe avocado flesh
- 1 1/2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder (or sub regular cocoa)
- 8-10 oz chocolate chips or bars
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (omit if desired)
- Feel free to use your favorite store-bought or homemade crust, or keep it crustless and serve in ramekins. Here is the crust recipe I used: 1 1/2 cups nuts of choice, 1 cup dates or dried fruit, 1/8 tsp salt, 2 tbsp dutch cocoa or 3 tbsp regular unsweetened. Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor until fine crumbles form, then press into a lined 8-or-9-inch springform pan.
- For the pie, first carefully melt the chocolate. Add all pie ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Pour over the crust, and refrigerate until firm. Store leftovers covered in the fridge 3-4 days.
This article and recipe adapted from this site