- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (can sub melted and cooled coconut oil, avocado oil or butter)
- 1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt (nonfat also works)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use a high quality cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix wet ingredients together until well combined: ripe bananas, honey, vanilla, egg, oil and greek yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 23-27 minutes until tester comes out clean.
This article and recipe adapted from this site