- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 glass pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter. Use 2 forks or a pastry cutter to combine, until mixture is crumbly. Press into bottom of 8×8 pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining 1/3 cup butter. Add in 1/4 cup brown sugar and stir. Bring to a boil, then boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (Do not over bake or you will have toffee bars! 😉
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel and swirl gently with a knife. Let cool completely. Cut into bars and ENJOY!!
This article and recipe adapted from this site