- 1 Brownie Mix (for an 8″x8″ baking dish)
- 1 lb Strawberries, stems removed, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (or use part dark chocolate)
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream (up to 1 cup if more is needed)
- In an 8″x8″ baking dish, prepare brownies according to package directions. Let them cool completely.
- Remove the stems from te strawberries and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the strawberries in a single layer on top of the brownie layer.
- Prepare the Chocolate Ganache
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and the heavy cream. Microwave for 25 seconds. Then start stirring slowly.
- Microwave again for 20 seconds. Stir again, for at least 20 seconds. The heat will keep melting the chocolate as you stir. It is important to heat the mixture gradually, and not to get it too hot! Stir, stir, stir!
- If the chocolate chips are still chunky, microwave again for another 15 seconds. Then stir again. Repeat if necessary. Keep stirring until the ganache becomes smooth, and turns dark and shiny/glossy. Then it is ready.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the strawberries evenly, covering all of them.
- Chill the brownies in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until ganache has set. It will not be solid, but will firm up.
- Slice and serve. These won’t last more than a day as the berries release moisture that will make the brownies wet.
This article and recipe adapted from this site