- 1 (19.8-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur (can be substituted with coffee and sugar; see recipe)
- 3 (3.9-ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 (1.4-ounce) English toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
How to Make It
Prepare brownie mix, and bake according to package directions in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan. Prick top of warm brownies at 1-inch intervals using a fork; drizzle with Kahlua. If preferred, 4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee and 1 teaspoon sugar may be substituted for Kahlua. Let cool, and crumble.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, omitting chilling. Place one-third of crumbled brownies in bottom of a 3-quart trifle dish. Top with one-third each of pudding, whipped topping, and crushed candy bars. Repeat layers twice with remaining ingredients, ending with crushed candy bars. Chill 8 hours.
This article and recipe adapted from this site