- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 8 oz toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut, and brown sugar in a large bowl of electric mixer and mix at low speed.
- Add butter and continue mixing until a crumbly dough forms. Add egg and continue mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of dough for topping. Press remaining dough into bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour evenly over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Top evenly with reserved crust mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars.
This article and recipe adapted from this site