- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan before setting aside and reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions and leeks and the whites of the green onions and cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, cream, potatoes, cabbage, and bacon, bring to a boil reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix in
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here