- 11/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pista coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- Mix all purpose flour and salt and keep aside.
- Beat butter until smooth. (About 1 – 2 minutes)
- Add sugar and beat until creamy (About 3 minutes)
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Stir in the flour-salt mixture and mix gently.
- Add pistachio.
- Add the cranberries.
- Mix to combine. If the mixture is crumbly, use a few drops of water to form a dough.
- Place the dough in a parchment paper and shape it into a rectangle about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Wrap it and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and slice into 1 cm thick slices.
- Place in a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 325F preheated oven for 14 – 18 minutes until the edges start turning brown.
- I sprayed the parchment paper since I had issues getting stuff off of it.
- Out of the oven.
- Tasty and colorful cookies ready.
Base Recipe adapted from site