- 3 cups chopped romaine or salad greens
- 3 Celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- Thinly sliced red onion optional
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 large egg whisked
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot
- 1 and 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or avocado oil for frying
- 1/3 cup Franks original hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ghee melted
- Additional cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or purchased paleo mayo
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp cilantro minced
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until nice and smooth, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large serving bowl, arrange the salad ingredients, except for the avocado, which should be sliced right before serving to avoid browning. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the chicken.
- Whisk the egg in a small shallow bowl and in another shallow bowl, add the almond flour, tapioca, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/med-hi heat (non-stick is preferreand add the oil for frying.
- Once sizzling hot, (breading with soften and fall off if oil isn’t hot enougdip a piece of chicken in the egg, shaking off excess, coat with dry mixture, and place in the skillet. Repeat with all chicken pieces.
- Cook on one side until golden brown, about 3 mins, adjusting the heat if necessary. Turn carefully using tongs so as not to lose the “breading”.
- Cook on the second side until golden brown on the outside and cooked through inside – about 6 mins total depending on thickness.
- Remove chicken to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool a bit.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and melted ghee. Dip each piece of chicken in the sauce to coat and place on a cutting board. If you don’t want to cut the chicken before serving the salad, you can place the chicken right over the salad.
- Cut chicken into pieces if desired, then arrange on the salad, drizzling any leftover sauce over the top. Arrange avocado around the chicken, and serve right away with the ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Calories: 417kcalFat: 35gSaturated fat: 8gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 524mgPotassium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 16gVitamin A: 4795%Vitamin C: 12%Calcium: 50%Iron: 1.5%
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here