- 1 pound chicken thighs cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- zest of one large lemon
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- lemon zest
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, toss the chicken thighs with the cornstarch well so every piece is covered in cornstarch. Set aside.
- Add all the “Sauce” ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry on medium-high heat until crispy and golden.
- Remove chicken from the pan, save one tablespoon of oil and discard the rest.
- Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook on low heat for about 30 seconds, until you smell the garlic. Stir continuously and be careful as the garlic and red pepper flakes can burn quickly.
- Add in the chicken back to the pan and toss.
- Give the sauce in the bowl a quick stir and add it to the pan.
- Stir to coat well the chicken for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, sesame seeds and fresh lemon zest.
- Serve immediately with rice.
This article and recipe adapted from this site