- 2 1/4 cups / 225g pre-shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup / 25g coconut flour
- 2 tsp psyllium husk powder
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or with an electric mixer until they resemble small crumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw circles of 6 inch / 15 cm diameter on the parchment. I traced around a small saucepan lid, but you can use any round object that size.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the taco shell mix onto each circle and spread out inside the circle.
- Place a second parchment paper on top and press down the dough with your hands or use a rolling pin. Press down well – you want it nice and compacted.
- Remove the top parchment paper and bake in the oven for 7 minutes or until the edges of each taco have browned.
- Remove from the oven and hang each taco shell over the side of a large saucepan until cooled.
- For an extra kick add spices such as cumin or chilli to the mix.
- If you don’t have a large pot, place an oven rack over the sink. Drape the tortillas between the bars of the rack so the sides hang down and form the taco shape.
- The recipe works with just mozzarella, but the psyllium and the coconut flour make your keto taco shells extra crispy and super sturdy.
- I think 2 tacos filled with cumin spiced ground beef, avocado, tomato, lettuce, coriander/cilantro and sour cream make a filling meal (unless you’re a teenager – my son is 15 and he ate 3).
- This Recipe adapted from 👉 👉 👉 Click Here