- 60g Plaistowe Premium Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) hot water
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Cocoa
- 1 egg
- 400g Plaistowe Premium Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) thickened cream
- 200g Plaistowe Premium Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons liquid glucose
METHODStep 1Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Release base of a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan. Invert. Line with baking paper. Secure in pan, allowing edge to overhang. Grease side with melted butter.
Step 2Melt chocolate, butter, sugar and water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat. Stir in flours, cocoa and egg. Pour in pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Step 3Cool cake completely in pan. For mousse, place chocolates in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the water touch the bowl). Stir for 3-4 minutes or until melted and smooth.
Step 4Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Use electric beaters to beat cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold a third of the cream into the chocolate mixture. Repeat twice until well combined.
Step 5Spoon mousse into the pan. Tap on the bench a few times to remove any air pockets. Use a spatula to smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to chill and set.
Step 6For the glaze, combine chocolate, cream and glucose in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Pour over mousse. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set. Serve cut into wedges.
Base Recipe adapted from site