- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Serving (optional)
- chocolate sauce, or caramel sauce
- powdered sugar
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment or wax paper, and a plate with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix in flour and chocolate chips until blended.
- Scoop into 1 ½ inch (4 cm) balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze the balls for 15-30 minutes while you make the batter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add milk and oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add 2 inches of oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 375°F (191°C).
- Dip four cookie balls into batter and gently drop into hot oil. Fry 1-2 minutes per side until golden and remove to prepared plate. Repeat for remaining balls in batches of 2-3.
- Drizzle with optional topping and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site