- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (OR Sugar Cone Crumbs)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 3.4 oz box white chocolate instant pudding [i.e. Hershey’s]
- 4 cup cold half & half
- 1 16 oz whipped cream cheese softened
- 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream or one 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips divided (Set aside 1 cup total for the ganache)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream for the ganache
- 5 sugar cones roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip both boxes instant pudding with 4 cups half & half for 2-3 minutes until it’s beginning to thicken.
- Add the whipped cream cheese and continue to whip until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the fresh whipped cream by hand. Spread evenly onto the crust.
- Sprinkle the filling with 1/2 of the reserved mini chocolate chips, 1/2 of the chopped peanuts and 1/2 of the crushed sugar cones. Set aside the remaining to garnish the top.
- To make the ganache: Melt 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until smooth.
- Cool the melted chocolate slightly. Drizzle over the first layer of chocolate chips, sugar cone pieces and peanuts.
- While the chocolate is soft, garnish the top with reserved peanuts, chocolate chips and sugar cone pieces.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
The mini chocolate chips, peanuts and crushed sugar cone pieces are layered once on top of the filling and again over the chocolate ganache to garnish.
This article and recipe adapted from this site