- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely crushed pork rinds
- ½ cup powdered Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup marinara
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon minced basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Add the eggs to a shallow dish.
- Add the pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, and onion powder to a second shallow dish and stir to combine.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg and then the pork rinds. Be sure to press the pork rinds into the chicken so that the crust adheres to the meat.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spread the marinara evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Return the chicken to the oven for 5 more minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 degrees and the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with minced basil or parsley before serving.
Serve with a side salad or sauteed zucchini noodles.
This article and recipe adapted from this site