- 12 store bought cannoli shells
- 30 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese 2 containers
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- mini chocolate chips chopped pistachios, etc.. as garnish
- powdered sugar
- Place ricotta cheese into the center of a large piece of cheesecloth and squeeze out any excess liquid. You want the ricotta cheese as dry as possible. Place into the bottom of a high powered blender.
- Add in powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, and heavy cream and blend, stopping to stir frequently, until completely smooth OR until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon filling into a disposable piping bag, cut the corner off and fill each cannoli.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips onto filling at each end of cannoli and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two days.
This article and recipe adapted from this site