- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, vanilla, heavy cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Place the butter and water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and with a wooden spoon or spatula, quickly add the flour mixture. Return to heat and stir constantly until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a thick smooth ball (about a minute or two).
- Transfer the dough to your electric mixer and beat with a mixer on low speed a minute or two to release the steam from the dough. Once the dough is lukewarm start adding the eggs one at a time and continue to mix until you have a smooth thick paste.
- Spoon or pipe mounds of dough onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, spacing them a couple of inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350.
- Bake for a further 30 to 40 minutes or until the shells have browned and are dry inside.
- PRICK EACH PUFF WITH A TOOTHPICK to allow steam to escape and prevent them from falling/flattening. Turn the oven off and, with the oven door slightly ajar, let the shells dry out for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site