- 1 16.25 oz package white cake mix
- 1 .3 oz package sugar-free strawberry jello
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 c. frozen unsweetened strawberries thawed
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. butter softened
- 2 1/3 c. confectioners’ sugar
Instructions1. Grease & flour two 9 in. round pans. In a large bowl combine cake mix & gelatin. Add egg whites, & oil; beat until well blended.
2. In a small bowl or food processor, mash strawberries in their juice. Set aside 3 Tbsp for icing. Add water & remaining berries to batter and mix. Pour into pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely.
4. For icing combine butter and reserved strawberries in small bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until light & fluffy (I added extra confectioners’ sugar to make the icing a little thicker). Place on cake on serving platter. Top with half of the icing. Repeat layers.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 70mg | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 0.9mg
This article and recipe adapted from this site