- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs (boneless, skinless), or chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey,
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, apple cider or rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder, optional
- Optional serving ideas
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 green onion, minced
- steamed rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch and optional ginger powder.
- Add oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add cubed chicken.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. If not browning, increase heat and continue for another minute.
- Add sauce mixture to chicken and stir continuously until it thickens to coat the chicken.
- Remove from heat. Serve in bowls with rice and vegetable, and garnish with optional sesame seeds and green onion. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site