- 1 cup (136g) all-purpose flour, heat treated to kill bacteria*
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (40g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk, then more as needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (82g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle salt evenly over.
- Using an electric hand mixer whip together until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in 1 1/2 Tbsp milk and the vanilla extract.
- Add in flour and blend just to combined, while adding milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time to thin if needed.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in chocolate chips.
- Store cookie dough in refrigerator (note that it will harden up once chilled because the butter will solidify, you can let it rest at room temperature if desired).
- FOR CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE DOUGH: replace 1/3 cup of the all-purpose flour with 1/3 cup (32g) dutch process cocoa powder. Mix cocoa in with the flour. Replace mini chocolate chips with 2 oz. dark chocolate chopped into small bits.
- FOR FUNFETTI SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH: omit brown sugar, use 2/3 cup (136g) granulated sugar (total). Add 1/4 tsp almond extract in with the vanilla extract. Replace chocolate chips with 1/3 cup (52g) white chocolate chips. Fold in 3 Tbsp rainbow jimmies sprinkles with white chocolate chips, serve with more sprinkles on top.
- *To heat treat flour: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Evenly spread 3 cups all-purpose flour onto a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 7 minutes or until flour registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Cool completely store in an airtight container.
- **Nutrition listed is for chocolate chip cookie dough.
- This article and recipe adapted from this site