- White cake mix
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup. sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup. butter softened
- 3 cups. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups crushed pecans
- Bake a white cake according to package directions.
- Cool and poke holes in it.
- In a pan boil crushed pineapple with juice and 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for a few minutes. Then pour over cool cake.
- In large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and 2 cups crushed pecans, mix good and put on cake.
- Add 1 cup crushed pecans on top.
- Let cake set overnight for best flavor or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate cake if making overnight or any leftovers.
This article and recipe adapted from this site