Sugar Cookie Crust:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 7–10 strawberries, sliced
- 5–6 kiwis, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 small bunch of grapes, halved
- Make the Crust: Mix the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. (You can use an electric mixer or just mix with a spoon if your butter is melted.) Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Bake the Crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 14-inch pizza pan or round baking stone, or line with parchment. Roll the chilled dough out onto it, leaving some space around the edge. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Make the Cream Cheese Frosting: Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cooled cookie crust and chill again to firm up the frosting.
- Make It Fancy: Top with fruit! See post for designs.
- We LOVED that the dough was slightly underbaked, but if that’s not your thing, bake the dough for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- You can also use a tube of store-bought sugar cookie dough.
- You can make the dough gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. A 1:1 sub with Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Flour worked great for me.
- Use the top halves of the grapes so you they are round and smooth!