- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup small tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- To make the marinade, place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, yogurt, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper in a zip-top bag or a non-reactive bowl.
- Lightly season the chicken thighs with salt. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix to combine making sure the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken, skin side up in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the skillet/baking dish from the oven and add the Feta cheese, tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top and in between the chicken pieces.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven, garnish with lemon slices (optional) and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site