- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- salt and pepper to taste
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add shredded chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and green salsa to slow cooker. Turn crockpot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Cook your chicken on high pressure with 1 cup of broth for 8 minutes. Do a quick release after 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred.
- Set pot to saute medium, and add remaining broth, shredded chicken, green enchilada sauce, salsa, and heat until warm. Add cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large stockpot, add chicken and broth. Simmer until chicken is done and can easily be pulled apart. Remove chicken and shred.
- Add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, half and half, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa to the pot. Stir and heat soup until it is warm and the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with additional green salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
- To add spice use additional green salsa or a green chili hot sauce
- This article and recipe adapted from this site