- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20-22 mini white corn tortillas , warmed on a skillet*
- Pico de gallo
- 1 /2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- fresh lime juice
- hot sauce , optional (our favorite for Mexican food is Valentina)
- sour cream , optional
For the Marinade:
- 4 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ Tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1½ Tablespoons ancho chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make chicken marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken thighs.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill over medium-hight heat. Oil the grill with canola oil or spray generously with cooking spray. Remove chicken with marinade and place on hot grill.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once (thickest part of the chicken thigh should register about 165 degrees).
- Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes before chopping into small pieces.
- Layer two warmed mini corn tortillas together. Top with chopped chicken, pico de gallo, cilantro, hot sauce, and sour cream (optional). Spritz with a little bit of lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Serve with a side of Mexican Rice or another Mexican side dish.
Notes*you don’t have to double-up on the tortillas to serve them. If you choose not to, then you only need about 10-12.
NutritionServing: 3tacos | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 786mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1475IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2.5mg
This article and recipe adapted from this site