INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (we used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1 pound cooked rotini pasta or similar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make this healthy chicken pasta salad recipe: In a large bowl, add the salad ingredients, the shredded chicken, avocado, onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
2. In a jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing: vinegar, Italian seasoning, Olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle your chicken pasta salad with the dressing. Toss gently until all the ingredients are combined. Serve the chicken pasta salad immediately, or chill for later. Enjoy!
- Additional add-ins that go well with this salad include chopped cucumber, crispy bacon, corn, or black beans.
- This article and recipe adapted from this site