- 4 (6-8oz) chicken breasts*
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl mix together spinach, yogurt, artichokes, garlic powder, and mustard.
- Lay chicken breasts down in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish. Evenly distribute spinach mixture overtop the chicken breasts. Lay 2 slices of the mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast, overlapping to fit is okay.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked (cooking time will vary due to size of the chicken breast, the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165ºF). Let rest 3-5 minutes before serving.
*if you are just grabbing a pack of chicken breasts at the store, unless you are buying them already in cutlets they are probably going to be about double what a portion size actually is. So a portion of chicken in 6-8 ounces which is roughly half a pound. Most chicken breasts at the store are about 1 pound, so simply butterfly-cut the chicken in half to form 2 cutlets that will be the proper potion size. OR if this is confusing look for chicken breasts already cut into cutlets at the store. If you use a whole large chicken breast those are going to need longer a lot longer to bake then the recipe calls for.
This article and recipe adapted from this site