- 2 cups ground walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a 15×12-in. piece of waxed paper; brush with butter. Place a second phyllo sheet on top, brushing it with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup walnut mixture.
- Using waxed paper, roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side, removing paper as you roll. Slice roll into four smaller rolls; transfer rolls to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and ¼ cupfuls of walnut mixture.
- Bake until light brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool dish on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle cinnamon rolls with syrup; sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture.
This article and recipe adapted from this site