- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth , divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups long grain white rice , rinsed and drained
- fresh cilantro , chopped
- avocado sliced
- green onion , chopped
- sour cream
- Spray bottom of IP with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to bottom of IP.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning.
- Add black beans and corn.
- Add salsa.
- Add rice.
- Add remaining 1 cup chicken broth.
- Press rice into the liquid to make sure it’s fully submerged.
- Set valve to sealing. Cook on Manual (high pressure) for 8 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes, then turn to quick release.
- Remove IP lid and gently FLUFF rice with a fork (Don’t stir it!).
- Place IP lid back on (with power off) for 5 more minutes to allow rice to rest while you prepare the toppings.
- Slide rice to the side a bit to find the chicken breasts and pull them out. Shred the chicken.
- Add a scoop of rice mixture to a bowl. Top with some shredded chicken, and other desired toppings. Serve with tortillas, if desired.
Notes*This recipe is for use in a 6 QUART INSTANT POT. If using a larger instant pot, In step 2, add an additional 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the bottom of the pot (1 cup total in step 2).
NutritionCalories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 804mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2.3mg
This article and recipe adapted from this site