- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ricotta (250 grams)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (90 grams)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3-4 tablespoons icing/powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180°), grease and flour a 9 inch (22cm) cake pan or 9 1/2 inch (24cm) bundt pan.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, yolk and sugar until creamy and light about 3-5 minutes. Then add the vanilla and ricotta beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture and mix just until combined (batter will be thick), fold in the mini chocolate chips*.
- Spoon into the prepared cake pan and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, test with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool completely, then remove from the pan and dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site