- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, (1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, (1 lemon)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, (1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest, (1/2 lemon)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar for 1 minute or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture. Beat until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add the milk and mix to combine. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until completely incorporated. The dough should be the consistency of a very thick, sticky cake batter.
- Use a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon) to portion the cookie dough onto parchment paper or silicone mat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minute, or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the powdered sugar, butter, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Place the wire racks (with the cookies one them) over some foil or over a baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to top each cookie with a heaping teaspoon of frosting. Use the back of your spoon to spread the glaze all over the cookie. Return the cookie to the wire rack and let the frosting finish coating the cookies. Let set until the glaze firms up a little, about 15-20 minutes. (The glaze will not set up completely, but will stop dripping down the cookie.)
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This Recipe adapted from this SITE