FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 (1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups lukewarm water about 90 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
CHICKEN SEASONING BLEND
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional – chicken will have absorbed some of the salt from the salted water)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl combine lukewarm water and salt; stir and pour over chicken breasts. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. You can also also cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the Chicken Seasoning Blend.
- Combine salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried basil, dried rosemary, and dried parsley in a small bowl; using a fork, stir around the seasonings until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour out the salt water and rinse each chicken breasts under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and rub the olive oil all over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend evenly over the chicken breasts on all sides. You don’t have to use the entire seasoning blend; use as much as you like.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 22 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Thinner breasts will need less time, thicker breasts might need a little more time in the oven. Start checking for doneness at the 20 minute mark.
- For a browned, crispy top, set your oven to broil on high for the final 4 minutes and broil the chicken until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken breasts to a serving plate.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here