- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered if large
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into half moons
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then thinly slice.
- To skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses and let cook until melty, then add lemon slices and cooked linguine.
- Top with sliced chicken and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.
This article and recipe adapted from this site